Whistleblower and False Claims Act Litigation
Siprut PC has a substantial whistleblower practice, consisting of attorneys who have spent decades achieving some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the United States.
- $120 million in multi-state Medicaid fraud settlements of drug switching allegations against Walgreens, CVS and Omnicare (the nation’s largest pharmacy serving nursing homes).
- $134 million to resolve a fraud case involving the B-2 “Stealth” bomber and other military programs against Northrop Grumman Corp.
- $149 million settlement against Johnson & Johnson relating to allegations of paid kickbacks to influence drug selections in nursing homes
Successful whistleblowers may recover a reward of at least 15% and up to 30% of the funds they help the government recover. Payments for whistleblowers can be substantial. In the last decade alone, whistleblowers under the Federal Claims Act have recovered almost $10,000,000,000 for the United States and received over $1,600,000,000 in reward money. Payments to individual whistleblowers often exceed millions of dollars. In addition to the False Claims Act and parallel state laws, the IRS also recently established regulations that provide rewards for whistleblowers who notify the IRS about tax evasion. Similarly, under the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act, individuals who provide the SEC with original information about corporate misconduct receive an award if the information leads to a successful recovery by the SEC.
Whistleblower claims often involve the following industries and issues, among others:
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud
- Pharmaceutical fraud
- Defense contractor fraud
- Tax fraud
- Research and grant fraud
- Building and roadway construction
- Public works projects and federal government construction
- Loan guarantees
- USDA fraud
- Postal fraud
- Economic stimulus fraud
- Disaster relief
- Securities and commodities market fraud
Contact us to discuss your whistleblower claim.