Pre-Litigation Counseling and Compliance
Siprut PC frequently provides counseling and compliance advice in a pre- or non-litigation context, including crafting litigation avoidance strategies. Given our firm’s substantial class action practice, we are often asked to consult with companies (some of whom we have sued previously) to recommend changes in practice. Representative engagements include the following matters:
- Confidential International Company. Provided advice and counseling in resolving dispute with former company executive and board member.
- Confidential Public Company. Providing regulatory and compliance advice to publicly-traded company in connection with product offerings.
- Confidential private company. Conducted internal investigation and provided report to Board of Directors concerning alleged improprieties by company's President.
- Various commercial real estate tenants (Illinois). Providing advice with respect to lease obligations.
- Confidential joint venture arbitration (Singapore UNCITRAL). Served as expert witness on Illinois law in international arbitration venued in Singapore, Indonesia.
- Confidential DOJ Investigation. Advised company regarding its compliance with and proposed business practices relating to consent decree.
- Confidential investigation concerning SEC inquiry (Chicago). At request of audit committee, conducted internal investigation of manufacturer’s domestic and international subsidiaries concerning possible accounting irregularities.